The official Public Test Realm Patch Notes for PTR Patch 3.1.0 have been updated with, among other things, extensive additions to hunter notes.
By the way, one of those ‘other things’ is:
- Hearthstone: Cooldown has been reduced to 30 min. down from 60 min
But let’s take a look at the hunter stuff. Note that these are the complete notes, so they will include things from the previous version of the patch notes also.
- Ammunition: All types of gun and bow ammunition now stack to 1000. All quivers and ammo pouches no longer provide haste. 15% ranged haste is now built in to Hunter Autoshot.
- Call Stabled Pet: This new ability lets the hunter remotely access the stable. 30 min cooldown.
- Cunning, Ferocity and Tenacity pets now all have +5% damage, +5% armor and +5% health bonuses. This should make more pet families feel viable, while additional talents have been added to distinguish a pet’s abilities based on its specializations.
- Disengage: Cooldown increased by 5 sec.
- Frost Trap: If the target who triggers Frost Trap is immune to its effect, the Frost Trap area effect will no longer be triggered.
- Pets now inherit more spell hit from the hunter. Pets with magic attacks should not require a player to stack additional hit compared to pets with physical attacks.
- Viper Sting re-designed: Stings the target, draining 4% of mana over 8 sec (up to a maximum of 8% of the caster’s maximum mana), and energizing the Hunter equal to 300% of the amount drained. Only one Sting per Hunter can be active on any one target.
- Beast Mastery
- Improved Aspect of the Hawk now has a new spell effect.
- Improved Wing Clip: This talent has been removed.
- Piercing Shots re-designed: Your critical Aimed, Steady and Chimera Shots cause the target to bleed for 10/20/30% of the damage dealt over 8 sec.
- Ranged Weapon Specialization: Points reduced from 5 to 3, 1/3/5%.
- Wild Quiver: Chance increased to 4/8/12%, up from 4/7/10%. Damage increased from 50% of an auto shot, to 80%.
- Explosive Shot: Base damage lowered by 10%. Attack power scaling reduced by 12.5%.
- Hunting Party: This talent has been reduced to 3-points, and now increases your total Agility by an additional 1/2/3%.
- Lock and Load re-designed: You now have a 33/66/100% chance when you trap a target with Freezing Trap, Freezing Arrow or Frost Trap and a 2/4/6% chance when you deal periodic damage with your Immolation Trap or Black Arrow to cause your next 2 Arcane Shot or Explosive Shot spells to trigger no cooldown, cost no mana and consume no ammo. This now has a new spell effect and sound.
- New Talent: Black Arrow: Fires a Black Arrow at the target, increasing all damage done by you to the target by 6% and doing periodic shadow damage for 15 sec. 30 sec. cooldown.
- T.N.T. re-designed: Increases the damage done by your Explosive Shot, Explosive Trap and Immolation Trap by 2/4/6%.
- Trap Mastery: This talent has been moved up to tier-2, up from tier-9.
- Wyvern Sting duration increased from 12 sec to 30 sec. PvP duration reduced from 10 sec to 6 sec.
- Bullheaded now adds 20% damage reduction for 12 sec along with its current CC-removal effect.
- Cornered: The crit reduction when this ability is active has been increased.
- Feeding Frenzy increased to 8/16% damage up from 6/12%.
- Furious Howl (wolf special ability) now stacks with Battle Shout and Blessing of Might, however, it only affects the wolf and hunter. Its effect and cooldown have been doubled so that it provides the same benefit but isn’t up 100% of the time.
- Gorillas now have a new family ability, Pummel, which works like the warrior ability and has a single rank.
- Grace of the Mantis and Roar of Sacrifice are now also available to Cunning pets.
- New Talent: Shark Attack: This new two-rank talent is available to Ferocity pets. It increases pet damage.
- New Talent: Silverback: This new two-rank talent is available to Tenacity pets. It heals the pet when Growl is used.
- New Talent: Wild Hunt: This new two-rank talent is available to all 3 pet trees. It increases the stamina and attack power inherited from the hunter.
- Roar of Recovery cooldown decreased to 3 min, down from 6 min.
- Roar of Sacrifice can be used on the hunter only.
- Stampede (rhino) only affects 1 target, but adds a 25% bleed damage debuff (that does not stack with Mangle etc.) in addition to its knockback.
- Thunderstomp is no longer a gorilla-specific family ability and is now available to all Tenacity pets. It has been reduced to one rank.
- Glyph of Chimera Shot: Reduces the cooldown of Chimera Shot by 1 sec.
- Glyph of Explosive Shot: Increases the critical strike chance of Explosive Shot by 4%.
- Glyph of Explosive Trap: The periodic damage from your Explosive Trap can now be critical strikes.
- Glyph of Kill Shot: Reduces the cooldown of Kill Shot by 6 sec.
- Glyph of Raptor Strike: For 3 sec. after using Raptor Strike, you take 20% less damage.
- Glyph of Scatter Shot: Increases the range of Scatter Shot by 3 yards.
- Savage Rend (raptor special ability): Fixed a tooltip error to correctly note this ability boosts damage rather than attack power.
Much of this stuff we already knew in one form or another, but it’s good to see the details making it into the patch notes. And some bits are new — like the changes to pet stats. I’m sure we’ll all have lost to say about that. *grin*
My thanks to Ceron, who posted on the forums here and then e-mailed me to be absolutely sure I noticed.