GameStop was very organized: starting at 10pm they routed people through the money part of the transaction so that at midnight sharp they could just toss boxes at us and chase us out. It all went very quickly. Even the two-hour standing-in-line part wasn’t bad, since we had a variety of things to do:
- Fimlys interviewed first BRK and then me for the Twisted Nether blogcast. (Well, I don’t know if interview is the right word, but I got to answer some questions.)
- I ran into a friend from college and we caught up. (This was perhaps the most surprising part of the evening for me.)
- We traded hunter stories with the handful of people who knew us. (And thank you guys so much for coming out!)
- We talked to people standing in a similar line in Ottawa, of all places. (Hello, person who’s name I couldn’t hear!)
- After Fim proved too shy on his own, I dragged him around getting quotes random WoW players in line in exchange for TNB stickers. (Unfortunately he only had four stickers to give out at the time.)
It was great hearing how useful people find Petopia, even when they aren’t entirely certain who I am. *grin* But the best thing was just being surrounded by people who understand the language of the game .. and the passion we put into it.
I also want to publicly thank my husband for making me really cool “Mania’s Arcania” business cards on very short notice. I wish I’d been less shy and given more of them out.
And now! … I’m going to frantically try to finish updating Warcraft Mounts. But after that, I may try to log in for a bit.
 BRK captured the non-event much better than I could. Check out his post lamenting that There Are No Microbreweries in Orlando.