Blizzard has updated its Under Development page to talk about Patch 3.0.2, dubbed Echoes of Doom. At this point, this page just lists the highlights of the upcoming patch and refers you to the PTR patch notes for more details.
Here’s the relevant bit from the Under Development page. Nothing there we didn’t already know about, but it’s nice to see it summed up.
The upcoming Echoes of Doom patch will set the stage for the November release of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King — and help you prepare for your first foray into Northrend.
- New class spells and talents: Players will have access to each class’s revamped talent tree, including the new 51-point talents.
- Stormwind Harbor: Visit the newly constructed Stormwind Harbor, where Alliance players will be able book passage to Northrend come Wrath of the Lich King’s release.
- Barbershops in capital cities: Customize a character’s look with a stylish haircut, a shave, and other trimmings.
- New zeppelin towers: New air-travel platforms for the Horde will be erected outside Orgrimmar and in Tirisfal Glades.
- Two brand-new Arenas: The new player-vs.-player Arenas will feature challenging new layouts, terrain hazards, and moving obstacles.
- Hunter pet skill revamp: Hunters will be able to customize their pets’ abilities in a whole new way.
- New Inscription profession: Customize your favorite spells and abilities by taking up this new primary profession.
- New user-interface options: Save bag space with the revamped mount and non-combat pet storage system, and keep your guild organized with the new in-game calendar.
- Achievement system: Start unlocking achievements and earning points for your reputation levels, profession masteries, and quest accomplishments.
- …and much more!
Of course the big question is: When will Patch 3.0 hit the live servers?
Although Blizzard has not announced a date, they have announced that ladder for Arena Season 4 will be ending on Tuesday, October 14th. Since Blizzard had previously announced that “the current arena season will end in respect to the ladder upon the release of our next major patch”, I think it is safe to say that there is a strong possibility that Patch 3.0 will launch on October 14th.
So my job for the next two weeks is to get Petopia ready for the new world order. I’ll be doing that offline for now because I don’t want to disturb hunters who need to know where to find Claw 6. *grin* But I hope to launch the shiny new post-Patch 3.0 Petopia very early (like 3am Eastern) on October 14th.
(By the way, I’ve been calling the upcoming patch “Patch 3.0″ because it’s shorter and, well, in the context of the major changes that .2 on the end doesn’t mean much to me. But I’m worried that since Blizzard insists on specifying this as “Patch 3.0.2″ everywhere that I’m going to confuse people. I’m not worried about readers here so much as the less with-it hunters who may be hitting Petopia in droves after the patch trying to figure out what happened to Bite on their bear. Thoughts?)