It has to happen eventually: Patch 2.4.2 had made it off of the Public Test Realms and into our hearts! Or at least onto the live realms … As I type this, not all the live realms are back up yet, but I’m sure they will be soon.
As always, you can find complete patch notes on the WoW website. But here’s a quick round-up for hunters:
- Aspect of the Viper: This ability now grants an additional amount of mana each 5 seconds equal to 35% of the hunter’s level.
- Boar Charge: This ability will no longer make Growl cast immediately after it generates excessive threat.
- The pet ability Growl will no longer scale with pet Attack Power and now scales with the hunter’s Attack Power. [See important note below! - ed]
- Dire Ravens in Blade’s Edge Mountains are now tameable.
- Scare Beast: The range on this spell has been increased to 30 yards. [See important note below! - ed]
- Tamed Drywallow Snappers now will know Bite 5 (instead of Claw 5).
- Bow of Searing Arrows and Red Whelp Gloves will no longer break crowd control effects.
- The Vengeful Gladiator’s Rifle will now play the proper sound when used.
- The Cursed Vision of Sargeras now gives the buff, “Sense Demons” which can be canceled normally. Additionally hunters and druids are able to track two things at once while using the item.
- It is no longer possible for pets to get stuck in place after exiting the Spectral Realm in the Kalecgos encounter.
Growl Note: On the PTR, the note about Growl now scaling with hunter’s RAP was incorrect — there had been no change to Growl scaling (although the specific note about how Growl and Charge interacts was indeed implemented). I am waiting for my realm to come back up so I can do a quick but definitive test about the situation, and I’ll post again as soon as I know more.
Scare Beast Note: The patch notes that downloaded with the patch said that “Scare Beast: The range on this spell has been increased to 30 yards and it is now instant cast.” However, the notes posted to the website say only that “Scare Beast: The range on this spell has been increased to 30 yards.” In-game, the tooltip for Scare Beast says that it is “Instant cast”, but actually casting the spell results in a 1.5 second casting bar.