RFC stands for Request For Comments, and that’s exactly what this post is. I want to get your comments on hunter pets for the Arena.
I was extremely impressed with the great information I learned in our last RFC thread, RFC: Raiding Pets, and I’d like to pick your brains again — this time for the Arena. With the advent of the Tournament Test Realm (TTR), there has been a lot of renewed focus on hunters in the Arena, and I freely admit that I know nothing useful about this!
Just as we did with the RFC for Raiding, let’s break this topic down with the following questions:
- What is the role of a hunter pet in the Arena?
- Are there multiple strategies for pets? If so, do these depend more on the pet, your team, or your opponents?
- What pet stats (armor, health, DPS) are particularly important in the Arena?
- What active pet skills are most useful — or least useful — in the Arena?
- How about passive skills?
- What other considerations go into choosing an Arena pet?
- What other questions should I be asking? Because honestly, I have no idea about Arenas.
Again, my main purpose here is to educate myself — and I’m really completely clueless about Arenas in particular and PvP in general, so please keep that in mind and explain any special terminology or concepts to me as clearly as you can. And I’ll do my best to understand.
You are also free to e-mail me your comments if you’d rather not post them here.
As always, thanks for your help with this!