RFC stands for Request For Comments, and that’s exactly what this post is. I want to get your comments on hunter pets for raiding.
As many of you know, I am a very particular — and in some ways peculiar — sort of player. I am a strict soloer: I don’t group except under extraordinary circumstances, and I don’t raid or PvP. But while I am personally happy with my playstyle, it does unfortunately cut me off from a wide swath of hunter experience. So when a reader writes in to ask me for suggestions about raiding pets, I’m at a loss. I need your help.
Rather than just telling me what pet you might suggest, I thought it might be useful to break this topic down with the following questions:
- What is the role of a hunter pet in a raid?
- Are there differences between 10-man raids, 25-man raids and 40-man raids in terms of the role of a hunter pet?
- What pet stats (armor, health, DPS) are particularly important for raids?
- What active pet skills are most useful — or least useful — in raids?
- How about passive skills?
- Do you respec your pet for different raids?
- What other considerations go into choosing a raiding pet?
My main purpose here is to educate myself — and I’m really completely clueless about raiding, so please keep that in mind and explain any special terminology or concepts to me as clearly as you can. And I’ll do my best to understand this alien culture. *grin*
You are also free to e-mail me your comments if you’d rather not post them here.
As always, thanks for your help with this! I’d be lost without you guys.
(By the way, I figured I’d start with one of the biggest topics, but if this works out well then expect to see similar RFC posts for battleground, arenas, 5-man groups, and so forth.)