Petopia was updated today for the following Patch 2.3 changes:
- Wailing Caverns: Creatures outside the instance portal of the Wailing Caverns are no longer elite. In addition, some of the creatures inside the instance came down a level or two. But there were no skill changes that I could see.
- Stranglethorn Vale: The creatures on Jaguero Isle have all changed in level, from the old 50 down to 41. (King Mukla is 42 and not longer elite — but still cannot be tamed.) Oddly, there were no changes to their skills — which is going to cause problems. The Jaguero Stalker is now level 41, for example, but still has Cower 5 (which requires pet level 45) and Prowl 3 (pet level 50). In the past, pets in this situation have lost the skill as soon as they zone or logout. So be aware of that.
- The list of pets with special behaviors has been updated to include the roaring lions.
- Shadowfang Keep: Vile Bats and Bloodseeker Bats are now lower level (20 instead of 22-24). They still have no skills. Fenrus the Devourer is now level 21 but alas, still cannot be tamed.
- Sunken Temple: Creatures outside the instance portal are no longer elite and creatures inside the instance portal have come down in level just a tad. The Spawn of Hakkar, for example, is now level 49 (which again may cause problems with his skills).
- Uldaman: Most of the creatures lost a level or two.
- Blackfathom Deeps: Similarly, many of the pets in BFD have been taken down a level or two. Ghamoo-Ra is now level 23, for example. Also, I don’t know if I just came through right behind someone both times or what, but the bit outside the instance portal was largely empty.
- Razorfen Kraul: Another dungeon, more level changes. In addition, it looks like Greater Kraul Bats and Blind Hunter both picked up some skills. (Nothing special, just the same stuff the Kraul Bats already had.)
I’m not all that keen on heading into BRD/BRS to check out those creatures, so if you happen to be in there and notice that something has changed, drop me a line and let me know!
And thus ends this episode of “Things I should have done on the PTR when I had the chance.”